Thursday, September 8, 2011

Melona Bars

Absolutely the BESTEST dessert on a popsicle. Melona bars originally hail from South Korea but its known through out the various Asian communities in other counties such as Canada. It has that unique melon flavor which is not so common in ice cream form. Melona bars are also available in banana, strawberry and mango flavors. I've tried all of them but I still think the melon one is the best. According to wikipedia there's 2 more flavors: red bean and lime. I'm still checking if its available anywhere here in Vancouver.

Melona bars are sold in T&T (around $5) and Save-on-Foods (around $7). Ofcourse there are some Asian mini marts that sells them too.

I really love that it's not just a brick of ice with some sugar and juice blended to it but rather a really creamy smooth mixture of fruity goodness. If I had to describe it to first timers, I'd say its like having a BBTea Honeydew slushie on a popsicle stick. Really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open to questions, suggestions and complaints. Closed for spamming.